Wednesday, September 3, 2008

hooked on a feeling

MIND MELD: How Do Media Tie-In Novels Affect SF/F?

Hooked On A Feeling / Raindrops Keep Blue Swede - Hooked On A FeelingThere's been talk of media tie-ins lately and lots of opinions have been bandied about, so we thought we'd put it to this week's panel to weigh in: Q: How do you think media tie-in novels affect the genre of sf/f? Read on to see a variety of viewpoints...and be sure to tell us your opinion! Sean Williams Sean Williams' latest novels include The Dust Devils, the second book in his Broken Land series for children, and the latest in his gender-bending gothic-noir space opera series, Astropolis: E read
New Zealand: Do you agree with Sir Brian Lochore on ‘political correctness?’
 Hooked on a Feeling: A superb MUSIC: Hooked on a FeelingNew Zealand: Do you agree with Sir Brian Lochore on ‘political correctness?’ Comment from Tezza: I thought I would just post a few of the comments from the New Zealand Herald in respect to what Sir Brian Lochore said in the following article: Rugby legend Sir Brian Lochore says political correctness is destroying New Zealand. I think John Key should take heed from some of these comments; he doesn’t think political correctness is a serious issue. Garry Napp had a ‘political correctness irradic read
Scientists create robot controlled by blob of rat brain
 Hooked On A Feeling - AOL Video4 Blue Swede Hooked On A Feeling Researchers hope to find out how memory works August 2008, A BIOLOGICAL robot controlled by a blob of rat brain has been created by British scientists. The wheeled machine is wirelessly linked to a bundle of neurons kept at body temperature in a sterile cabinet. Signals from the “brain” allow the robot to steer left or right to avoid objects in its path. Researchers at the University of Reading are now trying to “teach” the robot to become familiar with its surroundings. They hope the expe read
Hooked on Spore - creature creator
 hasselhoff, hooked on a feeling, Hooked On A FeelingFor purely research purposes, I downloaded and installed the Spore Creature creator today.  What a hoot!  I'm plunging into this game and very much enjoying myself.  I spent some time getting familiar with everything tonight and designed a few additions to the Sporepedia. Feel free to check them out here. read
CHAPTER 26
B.J. THOMAS: Hooked on a Feeling Hooked on a FeelingIt's funny, the things you remember and the things you don't. My last week and a half at South Nassau Hospital was almost a complete blur. But I remember the day I left that place very clearly. It was November 11, 1997. First of all, it was my 29th birthday. Second, it was my parent's 41st wedding anniversary. And finally, it was the day that I was transported to St. Francis Hospital to begin the preparations for open heart surgery to replace the aortic and mitral valves of my heart. My read

No comments: