Wednesday, September 3, 2008

bureaucracy

Open Government, Or Lack There Of!

Bureaucracy victims to Indian bureaucracy I’m going to do a bit of copy and paste here. What Passes for Open Government in Tennessee The biggest enemy of the People’s right to know what Government is doing is not an apathetic citizenry. It is Government itself! That truth is one of the key reasons I stand for smaller Government with much less power and authority. The self preservation and non-citizen-representing character of Government is nowhere better illustrated than here in Tennessee. Randy Neal reports “…the recently enacted T read
Live Blogging the RNC
 Reducing Pentagon BureaucracyJan Banning Bureaucracy .jpgI'm finally tuning into the RNC. I'm watching it on Fox to get the full effect. I caught Meg Whitman's speech. She's the former head of eBay and is now hoping to follow in the long tradition of billionaires buying elected office in this country. Actually, I can't take anymore of O'Reilly, so I have switched over to America's Top Model where they are having a Rock the Vote fashion shoot. One of the models didn't know what the word "bureaucracy" meant. read
What Passes for Open Government in Tennessee
Bureaucracy isn�t the opposite of Bureaucracy CartoonWhat Passes for Open Government in Tennessee Posted by: Blue Collar Muse in 1st Amendment, Blogging, More Liberty, Nashville Nuggets, Smaller Government, Tennesee Tips Hat tip to Randy Neal at KnoxViews via Michael Silence. The biggest enemy of the People’s right to know what Government is doing is not an apathetic citizenry. It is Government itself! That truth is one of the key reasons I stand for smaller Government with much less power and authority. The self preservation and non-citizen read
There are two choices
Bureaucracy gift image 2 - catalog The first rule of bureaucracy club.There are two choices in this election: The ticket of McCain/Palin and the ticket of Obama/Biden. I’m working to elect McCain/Palin because I don’t support higher taxes, a weak foreign policy and an expanding government. Apparently many “conservatives” suddenly feel it’s more important to criticize our Republican ticket on unimportant issues than to win this election. I care whether we win or lose in Iraq. I care whether we have higher taxes and an expanding bureaucracy. I care whether we read
Quangos are like rhododendrons
Cartoon_USSR_Snail-bureaucracy.jpg  stickiest bureaucracies known to One of the advantages, or disadvantages, of being in your 40s is that you keep getting that seen-it-all-before feeling. Fashions come round time and time again, and not just in clothes. I can't remember how old I was when I first heard a politician promising to rid the country of quangos but it was well before I was old enough to know what a quango is. As David Walker says in today's Guardian, every time politicians pretend to close them down, they quietly reappear in another guise. [G]over read

No comments: