Saturday, June 7, 2008

sybil

EmmyWatch: Hold Your Water, Sybil

Sybil declined and was forced to sybil.jpg (30600 bytes)There are probably two characters in various films who have truly freaked me to my core.  One was Linda Blair in The Exorcist (”The sow is mine!”) and the other is the character of Sybil’s mother.  Sybil, back in the ’70s, was played brilliantly by Sally Field.  In fact it may be her best performance.  Of course Field won the Emmy for her portrayal.  But there are things about it I simply can’t forget; I was ten years old when it first aired.  Now I have a ten year-old daughter and I cannot i read
CBS' "Sybil" worthy remake of Sally Field classic - Reuters
  Columbia Tri-Star - Region 1- Sybil rejects your idea.CBS' "Sybil" worthy remake of Sally Field classic - Reuters Boston Globe CBS' "Sybil" worthy remake of Sally Field classic Reuters - 1 hour ago By Marilyn Moss LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Many are apt to raise an eyebrow even thinking about a remake of the landmark 1976 four-hour drama "Sybil. 'Sybil' remake suffers identity crisis New York Daily News In remake of 'Sybil,' less depth and less personality Boston Globe Boston Herald - New York Times - Los Angeles Times - Reading Eagle all read
Book Review and Author Interview: Taking Care of Employees
sybil2021407.jpgSybil Years ago I become engrossed  Today I am reviewing the book Taking Care of the People Who Matter Most by Sybil Stershic.  The main premise of the book is this: take care of your employees, and they will take care of your customers!  In seven easy-to-read chapters, Sybil describes how to do this using an “internal marketing” approach.  She helps companies see how to really engage employees so they become committed to the cause, not compliant (doing it because they have to).  Believe me, customers can tell the difference! read
So Much For My Happy Ending
Sybil Years ago I become engrossed Sunday, September 16, 2007Like every other queer man for miles and miles, I was tingling with anticipation for the release of the Sex and the City movie. I missed opening weekend because I was in Philadelphia for the Transgender Health Conference, but after my plane landed on Sunday I rushed to the theater with my friend Sybil. The movie didn't disappoint. It was like three episodes back to back. What did disappoint me was the ending for Samantha. Having never been super pious myself, I always identified with her. So a read
Virtual Book Tour
Who is Sybil? That depends.Biography of Sybil DanningI'm a bit late to the game but there is a virtual book tour taking place in the blogosphere. I - and seven other reviewers, commentors, etc. are providing Sybil Stershic, author of "Taking Care of the People who Matter Most" with input and commentary. The book tour started earlier this week. The schedule is/was... June 1st, Kevin Burns posted a review at Burns Blogs Attitude. June 3rd, Lisa Rosendahl posted a review at HR Thoughts. June 4th, Chris Bailey posted a review on his blog Bailey read

No comments: