Sunday, June 29, 2008

billy preston

June 6 - Billy Preston has died  The Beatles with Billy Preston Saturday Night At The Movies In memory of George Carlin: 7 movies you can’t see on TV By Dennis Hartley Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck-George Carlin As I am sure you are aware by now, one of the last living legends of American comedy went up to the roof last Sunday…and got stuck. I’m still reeling (and he’s still stuck). I can’t really add much to what was already said here on this site earlier this week in read
TV Junkie: Weekend Edition
billy preston Photo Billy Preston performed with the Kind of a slow weekend ahead folks, even on the movie channels, Sunday's programming is particularly deplorable. Rejoice though, in the news that Sony, within the next three years, will be offering a video-downloading service through all its key products, including its televisions, computers, music players and videogame devices. It plans to give most of its products network and wireless capability in that same window of time. Yup, download Hollywood movies through your PS3, etc. Tonight 8:00p read
Random Photos Part One
 Harrison and Billy Preston in BILLY PRESTONDenzel Washington and his wife Paulette get the top spot. 25 years of marriage in Hollywood is like 4,000 years in the world of "everyday people." Congratulations. Judging by the number of fans in this photo, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the singer Alizee is fairly popular in Mexico City. It has been a long time since I have seen Candace Cameron Bure out. She looks fabulous. She actually looks better than she did a few years ago. It was like a Full House reunion. The only t read
Songs That Move Me, 70-61
Billy Preston 逝去Billy Preston70. The Love You Save - Jackson 5 It's true; I could sing every part of this song except Michael's, and often did sing along, especially Jermaine's part. Feeling: Joyous. (starts at 3:05, after some other J5 music) 69. The Supremes - Remove This Doubt. Back in the bad old days of romance, there would be songs that I would play that reflected my state of mind. This was one. Great strings. Later covered by Elvis Costello. Feeling: melancholy. 68. Levon-Elton John I love it, pretty much for rea read
First SNL With Carlin (1975)
Billy Preston with George Harrison The Beatles and Billy Preston [A special thanks to Ted Zee for inviting me as a guest blogger for BSLS. Hope I can do his site proud.] I would fight and fight hard to stay up. I had my Saturday night ritual. Start watching Saturday Night Live at 11:30 then wrestling at midnight, switch back and forth between commercials and if my plans worked out, watch a late night horror film like the original, silent Phantom of the Opera on PBS or channel 57. So much for plans. My seven year old body ached for sleep so I rarely made it. read

No comments: