Tuesday, May 6, 2008

life is a highway

A Real Prince

Tom Cochran - Life Is A Highway, Life is A HighwayEvery so often I give an assignment I later regret. Two weeks ago, after my history class read a little of Machiavelli’s The Prince, I asked them to apply what they had learned to a real life situation they knew well. They were to assess one of their teachers as a “prince”—changing his or her name, of course—and to ask the bigger questions, “Did following or violating Machiavelli’s edicts contribute to this teacher/prince’s effectiveness as a classroom leader? Was Machiavelli right?” The ov read
I, Too, Have Had The Assistant's Blues
Life is a HighwayRascal Flatts - Life Is A HighwayLike KJA over at The Root, I have also served as a writer's assistant. I won't say too much about my experiences, but I will say that it is a hard and personal job. Most people end up with the assistant's gig because they respect the writer whom they assist. I don't think anyone comes out the other side with that shame sheen. How could you? As the assistant, it's your job to keep the person's public self looking good. This, of course, means you see the private self which isn't always so cute. read
MLS prez: Letter to Mayor White was private
Life Is A Highway the file.05/06/08 08:10 PM | Houston Politics | Technorati | Comments (0) The "logical" thinking of the Chron's editorial board The Chron's editorial board lists the reasons why a federal gas tax holiday is such a bad idea: The proposal insults the intelligence of American voters, assuming they will be swayed by a few dollars over the course of the summer to vote for Clinton instead of Sen. Barack Obama, or McCain rather than the Democratic nominee, as yet undecided. Politicians insult the intellige read
Mortgage Broker Commission Meeting Tomorrow
 remember that life is a highway.Life Is A Highway: Tom CochraneThere’s a Washington State Mortgage Broker Commission meeting tomorrow, May 7th at the Renton Community Center to discuss the impact of State Senate Bill 6471.  This legislation ammends the Consumer Loan Act and Mortgage Broker Practices Act requiring all lenders to become licensed under the Consumer Loan Act (except those licensed under RCW 63.14)   This change in the state law was put in place to close a loophole.  Some mortgage brokers were issued an exemption certificate by their regula read
"I have more to say, but I feel like I'm disappearing"
Life is a highway.Life is a highway.Tonight we were going to go out to Longhorn, then to Iguanas and then perhaps take it all back to the 'hizzi', because we, we know we have just this one week out,before we crawl back into the our scrubs,grab our heavy book bags and try to smile as we go along. But we didn't. Because one half of the crowd wants to lay in and sleep, then the other half got scheduled to work, and me, I had to go get some TLC. Because life, life is tiresome thing. It's not like the messy floor you get to pick everyt read

No comments: