Monday, May 26, 2008

harold russell

Top 50 sports films of all time

Harold Russell the only actor  shown with Harold Russell as he Keeping with my earlier post of Top 100 Films of All Time, how 'bout a sports film list, eh guys? The list is from Sports Illustrated's August 2003 edition. Films I've seen are in bold; my comments are in italics. 1. Bull Durham (1988) Kevin Costner, Tim Robbins. (Not as great as people think. Harder to watch today due to Robbins' and co-star/wife Susan Sarandon's radical politics. They just don't mix with America's past-time.) 2. Rocky (1976) Sylvester Stallone, Carl Weathers. (The ulti read
In Memoriam: U.S. Troops Killed in Iraq & Afghanistan as of May 22, 2008 [S - Z]
(From left) Harold Russell,  Fredric March, Harold Russell, U.S. troops killed in Iraq & Afghanistan, since the beginning of both wars, confirmed by the U.S. Dept. of Defense as of 5/22/08 [from S to Z]... Saba, Thomas E. • Sabalu Jr., Wilberto • Saboe, Scott A. • Sacco, Dominic J. • Saenz, Carlos N. • Sage, Lance S. • Sahib, Rasheed • Saintvil, Gael • Sakoda, Steve M. • Salas Jr., Ricky • Salas, Rudy • Salazar Jr., Bruce C. • Salazar, William I. • Salcido, Rudy A. • Salem, Adriana N. • Salie, David J. • Salinas, Eric D. • Salter, Richard Matthew "Mat read
Remembering Our Fallen & Wounded on this Memorial Day
 photograph of Harold Russell, Screen Actors Guild * Harold Russell U.S. fatalities in OEF and OIF Reported Deaths:  4081Confirmed Deaths:  4080 Mississippi Soldiers in red... OEF 10/10/01 Andrews, Evander E. OEF 10/19/01 Stonesifer, Kristofor T. OEF 10/19/01 Edmunds, Jonn Joseph OEF 11/7/01 Davis, Bryant L. OEF 11/18/01 Johnson, Benjamin OEF 11/18/01 Parker, Vincent OEF 11/25/01 Spann, Johnny Michael OEF 11/29/01 Maria, Giovanny OEF 12/4/01 Jakes Jr., Michael J. OEF 12/5/01 Prosser, Brian C. OEF 12/5/01 Petithory, Daniel H. OEF 12/5/01 Davis, Jefferson D. OEF read
The Way Back Machine…
Harold Russell started his Harold Russell ~ Two Awards, - I think the first time I was seriously alarmed about the world’s situation was back in 1992 when I received a copy of the WORLD SCIENTISTS’ WARNING TO HUMANITY from The Union of Concerned Scientists. Prior to that, I’d paid attention here and there - but this warning woke me up. “If these people are alarmed“, I thought, “It’s time to take a look at this stuff.“ - I present that original warning, below. - Consider it and think to yourself how many years have gone by since their warning was read
Clay Aiken's "On My Way Here" - Measuring The Gap Between the Critics and The Truth
Harold Russell in a still  from  including two for Harold Russell Singer Clay Aiken talks with Kipper, Grammy-winning producer, while recording "On My Way Here" I’ve been meaning to take a look at the histories of the musicians and technicians who contributed to Clay Aiken's wonderful new CD, "On My Way Here" since the credits were first available --- hey, I read movie credits, too, since I’ve been in them and I see the names of friends all of the time. It took me two weeks, but as I Googled their names last night, I laughed --- and then I laughed ha read

No comments: