Saturday, April 19, 2008

earthquake center

The Nightowl Newswrap

Earthquake Center and Affected  California Earthquake Center and Um, guys, this isn't news...McCain is a only Senator because his wife is loaded. We all know that she was a 20-something strumpet and he picked her up at a hotel bar...while the woman who waited for him faithfully for all those years, not even letting him be told she was nearly killed in a car wreck so he wouldn't worry, was upstairs in their room with their children. (Family values. Where is the family photo with those kids?) Anyway, he bailed on his wife and started his political career on Cin read
Today’s St. Louis earthquake showed me why news is being shaken-up
 California Earthquake Center Earthquake Research Center 2001 Just after 4:30 a.m. today, the unmistakable signs of an earthquake moved my wife and me within seconds from cuddling in our bed to huddling under a doorframe. After 30 seconds of violent shake, rattle, but thankfully not roll, we were back in our bed with the question, “where can I find out what just happened?” Instinctively, I ran for my PC, where I found info within minutes from a seismic center and additional stories as minutes passed. Instinctively, my less New-Media-addicted wife reached read
Boom Boom Boom
 Earthquake Research Center 2001  California Earthquake Center As you probably heard from the other midwestern bloggers, there was an earthquake this morning. I woke this morning to my bed shaking. Now I was a bit groggy but it didn’t take too long to figure out what was going on … I was just shocked at how long the tremors lasted. I swear my building even shook. It felt like EVERYTHING was moving. Nothing fell off the walls though; some of my colleagues said photos fell down or off walls at their homes. Then I went back to sleep. I actually forgot all read
"The Jesuit Science"
 California Earthquake Center,  Mid-America Earthquake Center).SEISMOLOGY has been called "The Jesuit Science", having been pioneered by members of the Society of Jesus.  The word 'seismology' comes from the ancient Greek words σεισμός (seismos) meaning 'earthquake' and -λογία (logia), meaning 'sudy of'. Click here to go to the Saint Louis University Earthquake Center. read
Balance and Loss
 University Earthquake CenterEarthquake Center, inline or It is one of those days when nothing can go right, which is certainly not what I expected after my centering and balancing hike yesterday. Generally speaking, one hike out at a place like Potato Creek can ground me for weeks. Growing up in Texas, you'd think that I was an outdoor kid. The reality isn't quite like that. My mother was very scared of anything involving the outdoors - animals, insects, reptiles, dirt ... and we generally lived in the 'burbs, not out on a ranch. There was a tensio read

No comments: